What is effective?
Medical and Behavioral Treatments for ASD
For more guidance about what interventions would be effective for your child with ASD, you might consider the following:
- What does the report from my child’s evaluation say? If the evaluation is recent (in the past year), you can refer to the list of recommendations from the evaluation team or from a qualified professional that knows you or your child.
- What do the therapeutic professionals that see myself or my child recommend?
- Do I know about Evidenced Based Practices?
There are a number of strategies and approaches to treatment for individuals with ASD. Interventions found to be effective are called Evidence Based Practices (EBPs). For information on these visit:
- The Autism Society - Treatment Options
- The Autism Society - Evaluating Options
- The National Professional Development Center on Autism Spectrum Disorder - Evidence Based Practices